We are big believers in continuing education and attending professional conferences. It is always good to get more training whenever available. Conferences offer opportunities to increase knowledge and expand your network of peers and potential customers. Conferences don’t have to mean travel—some of the best are available to you from the comfort of your own home. The following are two we highly recommend.
(There is an Early Bird discount that expires TONIGHT for the Nonfiction Writer’s Conference so be sure to check it out right away for the best price.)
Fall 2017 Nonfiction Writers Conference
The theme for this conference is “Marketing Mastery for Authors” and if you work with authors you will be sure to learn things that will help you with your clients!
After the 7th annual Nonfiction Writers Conference held in May, there was such a demand for a second conference they are now doing a Fall conference for the first time ever!
This conference will be a shorter version of the annual conference, but still packed with all of the value you’ve come to expect from NFWC!
Dates: November 9th & 10th, 2017
Times: 9am PST / noon EST to 1pm PST / 4pm EST each day
Early bird special: Save 30% off conference registration with this code: NFWC30 (Expires 10/13/17).
All sessions are delivered by teleseminar! Participate via phone, webcast or Skype.
Here’s a look at the speaker/topic lineup:
- Jim Horan – Opening Keynote: Ready for Your Author Business to Get Easy?
- Sandra Beckwith – Build Your Book Marketing Plan
- Connie Ragan Green – Website Secrets and Content Marketing for Authors
- Joan Stewart, Book Hooks – Fun, Timely, Creative Angles to Publicize Your Book
- Dennis Yu – Facebook Marketing for Authors
- Stephanie Chandler – Advanced Book Marketing Tactics That Get Results
- Patrick Schwerdtfeger – Keynote Gold: Speaking to Sell More Books
- Tina Dietz – Marketing with Podcasts and Audio Books
Once you register, you will immediately receive instructions to download five of their most popular tools from their exclusive Author Toolkits:
- Book Marketing Action Plan Template
- Report: 100 Ways to Grow an Audience for Your Book
- Report: 101 Essential Marketing Resources for Authors
- Report: Online PR – How to Find and Pitch Internet Media Sources
- Report: How to Build Your List of Media Contacts
- Report: 50 Ways to Generate Book Reviews
Early Bird Discount – Expires today 10/13/17
Save 30% off conference registration with this code: NFWC30
Virtual Assistants Online Conference (#VAVS)
#VAVS 15 Theme: Virtual Assistants Growth MIB (Mindset, Income, Business).
#VAVS stands for the “Virtual Assistant Virtuoso Seminars”.
Hosted by Tawnya Sutherland, who has been working successfully as a VA for over 20 years and knows what Virtual Assistants need to learn to be successful. She understands what works and what doesn’t to have a successful business.
This online conference is designed to help VAs grow their business in the right direction. There are only 200 seats available so they usually sell out and it’s only $37 to attend online!
Here’s a look at the speaker and topic lineup:
- Alicia Jay – 7 Steps to Create a VA Business—and Life—That You LOVE!
- Tammy Lorette – How to Leave Your 9-5 and Become a Full-time VA
- Alicia Peterkin – [SPONSOR] Stop Being Your Own Worst Enemy!
- Kathy Goughenour – 4 Ps to Paid: The Secret to Becoming A Highly Paid, In-Demand Expert VA
- Erika Yocom – Best Mobile Apps for the VA World!
- Eboni L. Truss -Grab the M.I.C: My 4-Step Formula to Consistently Attract Your DREAM Clients through Speaking
- Connie Zabala – How to Organize Ideas and Remember Effectively Using a Mind Mapping Tool
- Sharon Ricci – Be the Chief Delight Officer and Kill at Quality Customer Service
- Amy Farris – [Sponsor] LinkedIn Hacks – 5 Simple Hacks to Getting Organic Leads Within 24 Hours!
- Susan Mershon – Attract the Right Clients with an Enticing Lead Magnet
- Christina Daves – Social Media and PR Insider Secrets for Virtual Assistants
- LaToya Frazier – Project Management for the Virtual Professional
- Sharon Williams – Defining Your Target Market
- Kathy Colaiacovo – Blogging Basics for the VA: Stop Whining and Get Writing!
- Elayne Whitfield – [Sponsor] LegalShield ~ How to have unlimited access to a top law firm
- Terri Orlowski – Your website is only as safe as your last (good) backup
- Yolanda Crowley – VAs Are Not Employees – How to Start Thinking Like a Business Owner
- VA to VA Team – How to Build A Multi-VA Company
- Kathie Thomas – Succeed in Networking
- Regina Lewis – How to Write a Winning Proposal
- There is also always extra time to network with your business peers within the chat area of their online conference room (one of the big raves about #VAVS). It’s super easy to use too. Remember, networking isn’t hard! Networking is simply a conversation that helps build relationships.
Dates: October 16th – 20th, 2017
(We do occasionally use affiliate links for programs which means if you register through our links we make a small commision. But rest assured, we only recommend programs that we know to be of good value and those that we participate in ourselves.)