Not sure yet if this is for you? Read on!
If you still have questions and would like to speak to Janica Smith or Michelle Mack, give us a call at 512-333-2989 or send us an email at info@InstructionSmith.com to schedule a time to talk.
The acclaimed The Complete Virtual Author’s Assistant Training Program and The Complete Virtual Speaker’s Assistant Training Program are comprehensive, jam-packed, self-paced, step-by-step courses of videos and instructional downloads. No having to pay for shipping, no waiting weeks for delivery. Within 24 hours of registration you will be sent your login information which will give you immediate access to over 250 pages of instructions, notes, checklists, planners and step-by-step guidance in each course that will be a reference long after you complete the class.
Here’s how it works:
You can follow the comprehensive course plan to work through the entire course material or you can access the particular part you are immediately intersted in. The materials are arranged “by subject” just for you. We have had very motivated participants complete one of the courses in a long weekend! If you are new to working virtually, you may want us to start with the Business tab which will tell you all about how to set up your virtual business.
The training course is just one aspect of the password-protected, exclusive Virtual Author’s Assistant Online Headquarters and Virtual Speaker’s Assistant Online Headquarters. The Online HQ is available to you not only during the class, but afterward so you can get updates to the constantly changing publishing and speaking industries. A dynamic on-line peer community that will support you well beyond the class, including recommended industry professionals to refer your clients to, such as web designers, marketing consultants and many more. Includes all the links to the sites recommended in the course and recommended by your peers.
A gateway to continuous learning and honing your skills for years to come, with many ways to learn, whatever fits your style. If there is a service you want to watch and hear about again, you can do that anytime, even months later. Each of the services has downloads that give you the step-by-step of everything you will see on the slidecasts, so if you like reading better than watching or listening, you can do that too! And whenever there is a new trend in the publishing or speaking industry, we add to the course and offer webinars to introduce you to the new materials. Once you have registered for the basic course, you never pay extra for (and you always have access to) updated material.
When you have successfully completed the courses, you can take a certification exam (don’t worry – it is a practical, open book exam) and become a certified PVAA (Professional Virtual Author’s Assistant) or PVSA (Professional Virtual Speaker’s Assistant) and earn a free Business Profile page on our Author’s Assistant Directory or Speaker’s Assistant Directory. With a first page Google ranking our PVAA and PVSA Directories are for authors and speakers looking for assistants. As a graduate of our course you can create a personal listing on the directory, marketing your new business and services.
But we didn’t want to create a good course, we wanted to create a full business support system so we added more amazing benefits:
Benefit # 1:
Forms, checklists and worksheets to use with clients.
To help you get your virtual author/speaker assistant business off to the right start and as quickly as possible, we have included over 40 sample forms and letters, checklists, and worksheets in each of the courses that you can use day after day and year after year in working with authors and speakers. We give this to you in both a hard copy format (you can use them with a pencil or pen) and in downloadable spreadsheets so you can use them right on the computer and attach them to your emails as reports to your clients).
Here just a sample of SOME of the things you’ll find in the PVAA course:
- Permissions Planner and Tracker (includes sample forms to get required permissions)
- Peer/Audience Review Tracker
- Testimonial Request Forms and Tracker
- Manuscript Submission Planner and Tracker
- Book Numbers and Listings Planner (includes links for all technical listings)
- Book Marketing Timetable and Checklist (includes on-page marketing plan)
- Book Review Submission Tracker (includes links to book review locations)
- Book Awards Submission Tracker (includes links to legitimate book award sites)
- Virtual Book Tour Planner and Tracker
- Book Event Checklist
- Amazon Best Seller Campaign Planner and Tracker
- Glossary of Publishing Terms
Here just a sample of SOME of the things you’ll find in the PVSA course:
- Permissions Tracking and Planning Log (includes sample forms to get required permissions for quotes and stats)
- Speaker Programs Titles and Description Log
- Testimonial Request Forms and Tracker
- Target Audience Research Guide
- Event Detail Form
- Event Technology Preferences Form
- Meeting Planner Questionnaire and Checklist
- Speaker Bureau Assessment Checklist
- Speaker Travel Preference Checklist
- Speaker Office Procedures Worksheet
- Back-of-the-Room-Sales Checklist
We added a whole unit of the course devoted to help you find profitable author and speaker clients who want to do business with you. Here is a sample of just SOME of the forms and letters, checklists, and worksheets specifically designed to help you grow your business quickly by helping you market to authors immediately:
- New Client Checklist. You won’t have to fumble around and guess as to what to ask a new client. We have created a form that will save you hours of time and guesswork
- Proposal contact worksheet to brainstorm new sources of author and speaker clients
- Press Releases to announce your certification and promote your VAA/VSA business
- Four high-value professional marketing tools you can use to hand to or email to authors to lead discussions about all the services you can provide to them
- Three valuable eBooks to give to promising prospects and clients
- Two Prospect Free Reports to entice people to sign up on your web site mailing list
- Marketing slidecast video that you can embed on your own site to educate authors and speakers to how and why to use the services of the PVAA or PVSA.
- A Library of VAA and VSA Articles that can be used with our permission on your website or in your newsletter to educate potential clients and highlight your expertise.
- Numerous samples of client correspondence
- Sample elevator speeches and language to talk to author and speaker clients
Advanced topic classes to keep you up to date offered live when there are major changes in the industry. We know that your learning about working with authors and speakers doesn’t end when you finish the course. In this fast-paced ever-changing environment, your clients expect you to keep up and bring them the latest information. We bring you new concepts and interesting experts who talk specifically about how to market these services to authors and speakers. If you have to miss an advanced class, don’t worry – we record them all so you will have the information when you need it.
Proposal and Contract for Author’s Assistant Services. One of the hardest things for a new virtual professional to do is market their new skills. To help get you off to a great start we created a VAA proposal that puts in your hands a document that sells your business for you. It lets you put your best foot forward and present your new skills as a new professional in your field. Creating contracts can be costly and time consuming. Our additional benefit to you is a working contact you can use with your very first client. Our priority is to see you succeed and in the shortest time possible.
Live updates and news in our blogs. You’ll stay informed and updated on developments in the publishing world and the world of people working at home saving you hours of time each week not having to read publication after publication to keep up to speed in this industry.
Why should you take the Professional Virtual Author Assistant course?
Working with authors and speakers is a large and growing sub-specialty for virtual assistants.
Many of your other clients will become authors over the time you work with them and this course will enable you to guide them through the writing, publishing and marketing for the life of their books.
Speaking is one of the best business building activities available. Not only will your services be needed for professional speakers but other entrepreneurs will also be in need of your services.The PVAA course will help you help your aspiring author client plan for success because you will learn all the steps to the process and when they need to occur to minimize costs and maximize book sales.
The PVSA course will help you manage the sales cycle for professional speaker clients helping them to book more events and sell more products to those they meet at speaking engagements.
You can complete these courses in an hour a day within a month, or you can go right to the sections you need if you have a current client who needs some particular author-related help today.
We teach you the language and nuances of book publishing and the speaking industry and we focus on helping you find author and speaker clients fast so you use and enjoy these new services you can provide right away.
We attend industry events for both speakers and authors where we promote the work of the certified PVAA and PVSA and direct potential clients to the directory websites. Watch for future plans for funneling Request for Proposals from potential clients to our membership!
We provide you with all the tools you need so you don’t need to take a lot of time away from your busy practice to incorporate this sub-specialty.
Author and speaker clients are fun and interesting. We want you to enjoy your work and have grateful clients who appreciate all that you bring them!
REGISTER NOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE PRICES AND START THE NEW YEAR WITH A NEW BUSINESS!
If you are ready to claim your niche as a Professional Virtual Author and/or Speaker Assistant we’ll just cut to the chase. Click the button below to choose your course and payment plan.